Marriage in Turkey 2023 : A full guide for the best marriage
Table of Contents
If you are planning on getting married in Turkey, this guide will walk you through the paperwork and procedures involved in arranging a marriage in Turkey.
If you’re thinking of getting married in Turkey on the Bosporus or the Turkish Rivera, you’ll need to plan ahead of time for the necessary paperwork for a Turkish wedding.
About Marriage in Turkey
A man and woman who have completed the age of eighteen and have not been placed under guardianship by the court can marry without the consent or permission of another person.
There are no legal obstacles for foreign nationals to marry either a Turkish citizen or a foreign national in Turkey.
With its numerous beautiful locations, beaches, mountain and promenade sites, resorts, and magnificent city halls, Turkey provides many varied and interesting possibilities to married couples depending on their wedding venue choices.
The greatest and most beautiful part of getting married in Turkey is that couples may begin their honeymoon immediately after the ceremony by traveling to the closest vacation facilities in a very short period of time. One of the honeymoon choices might be a personalized trip or a cruise in the Aegean.
Documents required to formally complete a civil marriage in Turkey
Both parties to be married can apply for marriage by applying to the municipality where one of the parties resides, either in person or through their attorney.
Go to one of the marriage departments of the municipalities, where the marriage declaration form is filled out in the registration office in the marriage department
The contract can also be used in countries other than Turkey, after translating the “family book” with a sworn translator in the same country, then attesting it by the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and then from the embassy of the country in which the “family book” will be used.
Getting married in Turkey Documents:
Documents Required from Turkish Citizens:
- Republic of Turkey Identity Card
- 5 biometric photos
- Health report from Family Health Physician (Reports from private hospitals must be approved by the family health doctor)
Documents Required from Foreign Nationals:
- Notarized copy of the passport with Turkish translation (applications of those whose passport, visa and residence period have expired will not be accepted)
- 5 biometric photos
- Health report from Family Health Physician
- Photocopy of residence permit documents of those residing in Turkey;
- Birth Certificate (Can be obtained from a foreign country or from the embassy of his/her country in Turkey)