Table of Contents
Discover the top wheat flour manufacturers in Turkey for 2023. This comprehensive exporting guide will provide valuable insights and information for your business. Get ready to explore the flourishing Turkish wheat flour industry and enhance your export opportunities. ✈️
Turkey is one of the world’s largest producers and exporters of wheat flour, with an annual production of over 20 million tons and exports to more than 100 countries. Among the many wheat flour manufacturers and exporters in Turkey.
Overview of the wheat flour industry in Turkey
The wheat flour industry in Turkey is a vital component of the country’s agricultural sector and plays a significant role in its economy. Wheat flour is an essential ingredient in Turkish cuisine, used in a wide range of traditional dishes such as bread, pastries, and pasta.
Turkey is also a major player in the global wheat flour market, both as an exporter and importer. The industry is comprised of various companies that produce and supply different types of wheat flour, adhering to quality standards and certifications. The pricing of Turkish wheat flour is influenced by factors such as market demand, production costs, and trade regulations.
Exporting Wheat Flour from Turkey
Top destinations for Turkish wheat flour exports
The top destinations for Turkish wheat flour exports include Iraq, Yemen, Syria, Venezuela, and Angola. Iraq is the leading importer of Turkish wheat flour, accounting for 47% of Turkey’s exports. Yemen follows with a 9% share, and Syria and Venezuela each have a 6% share. These countries play a significant role in Turkey’s wheat flour export market and contribute to the country’s position as the largest exporter of flour worldwide.
Factors influencing import trends in the wheat flour market
Several factors influence import trends in the wheat flour market in Turkey. These include:
- Domestic Production:
- High domestic production reduces the need for imports.
- Low domestic production increases demand for imported wheat flour.
- Global Wheat Prices:
- High global wheat prices make importing wheat flour more cost-effective.
- Low global wheat prices may encourage domestic production over imports.
- Trade Agreements:
- Trade agreements affect import trends in the wheat flour market.
- Tariff reductions and trade preferences incentivize imports from specific countries.
- Quality and Availability:
- Imported wheat flour quality and availability impact import trends.
- Preference for high-quality products and consistent supply influence import decisions.
- Consumer Demand:
- Consumer demand for specific types of wheat flour affects import trends.
- Growing demand for organic or specialty flours may necessitate imports.
- Government Regulations:
- Government regulations and import policies impact import trends.
- Changes in regulations, such as tariffs or quotas, affect cost and availability.
Different types of wheat flour produced in Turkey
In Turkey, different types of wheat flour are produced to cater to various culinary needs:
1. All-Purpose Flour:
- Made from a combination of hard and soft wheat.
- Versatile and used for a wide range of baked products.
- Suitable for yeast breads, cakes, cookies, and pastries.
2. Bread Flour:
- Has a higher gluten content than all-purpose flour.
- Ideal for making yeast breads.
- Designed for commercial baking.
3. Self-Rising Flour:
- All-purpose flour with added salt and leavening agent.
- Used in biscuits, quick breads, and some cookies.
- Not recommended for yeast breads.
4. Cake Flour:
- Has a higher starch content and less protein than bread flour.
- Perfect for delicate and tender cakes and pastries.
5. Pastry Flour:
- Falls between all-purpose and cake flour in terms of protein and starch content.
- Suitable for pastries, cookies, cakes, and similar baked goods.
6. Durum Flour:
- Made from durum wheat, the hardest variety of wheat.
- Primarily used for making high-quality pasta.
7. Whole Wheat Flour:
- Milled from the entire wheat kernel and contains the bran.
- Baked goods made with whole wheat flour tend to be heavier and denser.
8. Graham Flour:
- Made by crushing the wheat kernel.
- Often used in whole wheat baking.
- Named after Dr. Sylvester Graham, creator of graham crackers.
9. Vital Wheat Gluten:
- High protein flour added to non-wheat or low-protein flours.
- Improves dough structure and produces high-protein bread.
10. Wheat Germ: – Rich in vitamins and minerals. – Often added to baked goods for nutritional value.
11. Bulgur: – Made from soaked, cooked, dried, and cracked whole wheat. – Used in baked products and salads.
Quality standards and certifications for Turkish wheat flour
Some of the key quality standards and certifications for Turkish wheat flour include:
- TSE EN ISO 22000:2006: This certification demonstrates the company’s commitment to implementing food safety and quality management systems. It signifies that the wheat flour manufacturer follows rigorous protocols to ensure the safety and integrity of their products.
- TSE EN ISO 9001:2009: This certification signifies compliance with international standards for quality management systems. It assures customers that the wheat flour manufacturer maintains robust processes and controls to consistently deliver products of exceptional quality.
- Halal Certification: Halal certification ensures that the wheat flour is produced in accordance with Islamic dietary laws. This certification is vital for manufacturers targeting markets with significant Muslim populations, as it provides assurance that their products meet the halal requirements.
- BRC: The British Retail Consortium (BRC) standard ensures that the wheat flour meets stringent food safety, legality, and quality requirements. Compliance with this standard provides assurance to distributors and buyers that the wheat flour has undergone rigorous testing and adheres to the highest quality and safety standards.
Turkish Wheat Flour Manufacturers and Suppliers
Eris Un (Ersiler Flour Mills): Eris Un, known as Ersiler Flour Mills, stands as one of the largest wheat flour mills in Turkey, boasting an impressive daily capacity of 2300 tons. With its inception in 1974, Eris Un has emerged as a leading manufacturer and exporter of wheat flour in Turkey, operating four mills in Istanbul.
Eris Flour Mills has made significant strides in expanding its market presence globally. The company exports wheat flour to over 50 countries, spanning various regions such as Asia, the Middle East, South America, Central America, and a substantial portion of Africa. Its extensive export network has established Eris Flour Mills as a prominent player in the international wheat flour market.
Moreover, Eris Flour Mills holds the distinction of being an official supplier to esteemed organizations such as the United Nations, producing wheat flour for entities like the World Food Programme (WFP) and the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA). This recognition highlights the company’s commitment to quality and reliability.
Eris Flour Mills caters to a diverse range of customers, offering various types of wheat flour for different purposes. Their product portfolio encompasses bakery flour, cake flour, pasta flour, noodle flour, biscuit flour, chapatti flour, pitta flour, as well as flour specifically designed for industrial applications.
Through its extensive production capabilities and widespread export operations, Eris Un (Ersiler Flour Mills) plays a pivotal role in shaping the Turkish wheat flour industry, serving both domestic and international markets.
Ulusoy Flour Mills
Ulusoy Flour Mills: Ulusoy Flour Mills is the biggest player in the Turkish wheat flour industry, excelling as both a major exporter and a leading company in the domestic market.
With two wheat flour manufacturing plants, Ulusoy Flour Mills boasts an impressive total daily capacity of 2,760 tons for flour milling. This substantial production capability positions the company as a key player in meeting the demand for wheat flour in Turkey and beyond.
Ulusoy Flour Mills has earned its place among Turkey’s top 500 industrial companies, a testament to its success and influence in the industry. The company’s commitment to excellence is further demonstrated by its extensive export operations. Exporting to over 90 countries, Ulusoy Flour Mills has established a strong global presence. The company operates three plants and employs a workforce of 800 dedicated professionals, ensuring the seamless production and distribution of their high-quality wheat flour products.
Through their significant production capacity, expansive export network, and recognition as one of Turkey’s leading industrial companies, Ulusoy Flour Mills contributes significantly to the growth and reputation of the Turkish wheat flour industry.
Kozlu Flour – Turkish Wheat Flour Manufacturers
KOZLU Flour Mills: KOZLU Flour Mills stands as one of the largest wheat flour producers in Turkey, boasting an impressive production capacity of 2,000 metric tons per day.
Founded in Amasya, Turkey in 1954, KOZLU Flour Mills began its operations with a modest wheat processing capacity of 16 tons per day. Over the years, through continuous growth and development, the company has expanded its operations to reach its current impressive production capacity of 2,000 tons per day.
KOZLU Flour Mills has gained a strong foothold in the Turkish wheat flour industry, harnessing its extensive experience and expertise. The company’s commitment to excellence and continuous improvement has allowed it to emerge as a key player in meeting the demand for high-quality wheat flour in Turkey.
With its substantial production capacity, KOZLU Flour Mills plays a vital role in supporting Turkey’s food industry and contributes to the country’s domestic and international market presence in the wheat flour sector.
Besler Wheat Flour
Besler Flour Mills: Besler Flour Mills is recognized as one of the top wheat flour manufacturers and exporters in Turkey. Located in Gaziantep, a city in southeastern Turkey, the company has established itself as a prominent player in the industry.
Commencing its operations in 1993, Besler Flour Mills initiated its production in a 24,000 square meter plant. Since its inception, the company has displayed a strong commitment to delivering high-quality wheat flour products to both domestic and international markets.
Besler Flour Mills has built a solid reputation for its dedication to excellence in manufacturing and its emphasis on meeting the diverse needs of its customers. Through its strategic location in Gaziantep, an area renowned for its wheat production, the company has access to abundant resources and expertise in the wheat flour industry.
With its extensive production facilities and commitment to quality, Besler Flour Mills continues to contribute significantly to the growth and success of the Turkish wheat flour sector.
Soke flour is a type of wheat flour that is produced in Turkey by the Söke company. It is made from natural and additive-free wheat that is ground without touching by human hands. Soke flour has different varieties for different purposes, such as whole wheat flour, pastry flour, and organic flour.
Soke flour is rich in minerals, vitamins, protein, and fiber, making it a healthy choice for baking and cooking. It is especially suitable for making traditional Turkish pastries, such as baklava, börek, and gözleme. Soke flour also offers recipes on its packages for those who want to try new dishes with this flour. To store soke flour for a longer time, it should be kept in a closed, cool, and dry place
Kavukçu Group offers a wide range of products, including flour, pasta, couscous and other agricultural and food items. The company produces different types of flour, such as bread making flour, specialty flours, hard wheat and mixed flours, and all purpose wheat flour. The company also produces different shapes and sizes of pasta, such as elbow, spring, shell, fusilli, farfalle, ditalini, penne, risoni, filini, tagliatelle, couscous and wagon wheel. The company exports its products to more than 75 countries around the world and has a reputation for quality, innovation and customer satisfaction