The Turkish Ministry of Agriculture is responsible for developing agriculture in Turkey and livestock, in addition to taking care of water resources.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of Turkey is also working to protect the forests in Turkey and exploit the natural resources found in the forests.
About the Turkish Ministry of Agriculture
The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of Turkey is the ministry responsible for managing Turkey’s agricultural resources and encouraging and increasing agricultural investment in Turkey.
The Ministry of Agriculture was established in 1924, with the birth of the Turkish Republic, and has continued since then to provide services to develop agricultural in the country.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of Turkey is also responsible for the development and exploitation of forest resources in Turkey, preservation and protection from fires and logging.
The logo of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry consists of 16 stars representing the number of Turkish empires throughout history, with three lines representing water, air and soil, which are the basic elements of agriculture and life. The red color also represents cultivated soil.
The budget of the Turkish Ministry of Agriculture, according to the general budget for 2021, is about 51 billion TL.
The Ministry of Agriculture in the provinces in Turkey is represented by the Agricultural Chambers “Ziraat odası” and the General Directorate of Agriculture and Forestry Tarım orman müdürlüğü.
Duties of the Turkish Ministry of Agriculture
- Conducting research on the development of plant and animal production, fish farming, development of the agricultural sector, and agricultural policy development.
- Ensure efficient use of food production, safety and reliability, rural development, protection of soil, water resources and biodiversity.
- Work on key activities such as organizing and educating farmers, managing agricultural support effectively, and organizing agricultural markets; Carrying out studies to define general policies for agriculture and animal husbandry to monitor and monitor their implementation.
- Work to protect, develop, manage, restore and maintain forests, combat desertification, erosion, afforestation, and improve pastures related to forests.
- Work towards establishing nature protection policies, to define protected areas, to ensure the protection, management, development, operation and operation of national parks, natural parks, natural attractions, nature reserves, wetlands, biodiversity and wildlife
- Work to develop policies to protect water resources and their sustainable use and to coordinate national water management.
- Make preparations that are made at the national level in cooperation with the relevant institutions to pursue international studies in the fields of the Ministry’s activity and contribute to them.
- Carry out other duties assigned by laws or presidential decrees.
Agencies of the Ministry of Agriculture
The Ministry of Agriculture in Turkey has many different agencies that help provide many services to farmers, and they are divided as follows:
- General Directorate of Food and inspection
- General Directorate of Herbal Production
- The General Directorate of Livestock
- General Directorate of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- General Directorate of Agrarian Reform
- General Directorate of Agricultural Research and Policy
- General Directorate to Combat Desertification and Erosion
- Directorate General of Nature Conservation and National Parks
- Directorate General of Water Management
- Directorate General of the European Union and External Relations
- General Directorate of Personnel
- General Directorate of Legal Services
- Department of Guidance and Inspection
- Strategy Development Department
- Tobacco department
- Department of sugar
- Support Services Department
- Department of Education and Publishing
- Department of Information Technology
- Press and Public Relations Consulting
- Private secretarial
Organizations abroad agencies
- Foreign representative offices
- Provincial Directorate of Agriculture and Forestry
- Research institutes
- Search stations
- Directorates of food control laboratory
- Directorates of Veterinary Border Control Points
- Directorates of seed certification testing
- Directorates of the Education Center
- Directorates of agricultural quarantine
- Directorates of the Institute of Veterinary Control
- Directorate of National Food Reference Laboratory
Permanent Boards / Affiliated Companies
- Supreme Council of Rulers
- Ataturk Forest Farm Directorate
- Turkey Water Institute
- The General Directorate of Tea Companies
- General Directorate of Meat and Dairy Corporation
- General Directorate of Agricultural Projects
- Agricultural and Rural Development Support Foundation
- State General Directorate of Hydraulic Works
- General Directorate of the Turkish Grain Council
- Forest management
Services provided by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry in Turkey
The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry in Turkey provides many important services to help and support farmers in Turkey, the most important of which are:
- Issuing permits for hunting, fish farming and agriculture
- Provides government financial support to farmers in Turkey
- Ensure that the seedlings are grown in conformity with the standard specifications
- Regulating agricultural markets
- Ensure the quality of seeds planted in Turkey and provide a strategic stock of seeds
- Issuing permits for the exploitation of water resources in Turkey
Contact the Turkish Ministry of Agriculture
You can contact the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry in Turkey at the following address:
TC TARIM VE ORMAN BAKANLIĞI
Adres: Üniversiteler Mah. Dumlupınar Bulvarı, No: 161, 06800, Çankaya / ANKARA
You can also contact the Ministry on the following phone number:
0312 287 33 60
You can also visit the official website of the Turkish Ministry of Agriculture in English by clicking here.