Table of Contents
Istanbul Craigslist is one of the top listing websites to buy and sell used stuff online in Turkey and many other countries.
The well-known listing website includes many distinct categories that allow users to sell and purchase used things as well as advertise residences for rent. looking for a job and other things!
What is Istanbul Craigslist
Istanbul Craigslist is a local classifieds website where users may browse and post ads in their area.
In many ways, it is similar to the classifieds section of a newspaper. Craigslist has listings for everything. You can find on craigslist Istanbul jobs, housing, garage sales, used cars to personal advertisements.
Craig Newmark founded the service in 1995 as an email distribution list for friends in the San Francisco Bay Area to promote local events. When the service launched online in 1996, it was expanded to incorporate other classifieds. It began expanding to new cities in the United States and Canada in 2000 and has since grown to 70 countries.
By connecting with people in your region, you can find, buy, or sell almost anything. Search terms such as “craigslist Istanbul remote employment,” “craigslist Istanbul house for rent,” or “craigslist Istanbul automobiles for sale by owner” may help you narrow down your options.
Because it is free to use and people do not have to pay to post classified advertising, you will be able to find products that they would not have found otherwise. Many people offer freebies on their websites as long as you’re willing to pick it up.
What can you buy from Istanbul Craigslist
Craigslist’s classified advertisements are much like those in the local newspaper. Istanbul Craigslist serves just as a “middleman” between the buyer and the vendor in all transactions.
When buying a goods from a Craigslist vendor, you should prepare to see the seller in person and pay in cash.
There are a number of main categories and subcategories on the site, making it simple to find what you need fast.
These categories contain subcategories like antiques, beauty and health, books, technological devices, and sporting items, as well as extra subcategories like cars and collectibles. Additionally, you may find apartments for rent or sale on Craigslist Istanbul.
E-mail addresses are commonly used in classified advertising. Istanbul Craigslist has a tool that encrypts email addresses so that users shouldn’t have to worry about their email being publicly accessible.
The only people involved in the transaction are the one who placed the ad and the person who responded to it. Craigslist workers are not involved until an issue is reported.
Safety tips for buying from craigslist
Until recently, the principal online marketplace for buying and selling was Istanbul Craigslist. For the most part, it’s the only semi-trustworthy web source for everything from used cars to new iPhones to new apartment.
On the front end, it’s simple to use, with a simple user interface that even your grandmother can understand. It’s simple to post a listing or answer a question on Craigslist, but it’s also simple to fall prey to one of the many common Craigslist fraudsters.
Because Craigslist is still the world’s largest online bulletin board, the most common frauds are well-known. Being aware of the most common Craigslist scams will help you avoid becoming a victim of one.
These are the frauds you’re most likely to encounter on Craigslist:
- Non-credit-checked listings for used vehicles such as cars and houses (this is often a way to have your personal information, or expose you to deep debt)
- Requesting a wire transfer in order to either take your money without delivering anything in return, or to obtain your bank account details.
- A generic image of the product in question is used to advertise an item that the seller does not actually have for sale.
- Submitting dozens or perhaps hundreds of identical ads on Craigslist
- A phishing scam will ask you to use PayPal and then provide you a link to sign up for the service.
- A person who wants to make a purchase from you or who wishes to make a purchase from you without meeting you in person (they are, in essence, stealing or robbing your identity).
All you need to do to prevent typical scams is to take a few measures, which we will discuss below.
- Do NOT use your email address:
Sellers on Craigslist should use the proxy email addresses supplied to avoid spammers from sending unwanted emails to your real mailbox. If a prospective client expresses real interest, you may shift to texting; most customers love the simplicity of texting. Using a Craigslist-only email address to connect with merchants is a fantastic idea.
- Preparation is key:
Before agreeing to meet in person, discuss the selling price, mode of payment, meeting time and place, and any special requirements, such as a title exchange.
- Bring a companion if you’re meeting a Craigslist user:
If you’re meeting a Craigslist contact to buy or sell a small item, it’s best to meet in a public place. Even the parking lot of a local police station might be used for gatherings. Attend the meeting with your mobile phone turned on and ready to go at all times.
- Cash only:
Accepting just cash payment is one of the most important safety measures you can take while using Craigslist. Cash is the best form of payment for the overwhelming majority of Craigslist transactions. Fraudsters may forge checks and money orders, and personal checks can bounce.
Cashier’s checks written and handed in person at a local bank are used to pay for expensive things such as craigslist used cars for sale by owner in Istanbul. It is never appropriate to transfer money, receive wired money, or accept a cheque for more than the purchase amount.
- Do NOT give any financial or personal info:
Craigslist scammers construct job postings on the site and imply that applicants must pass a “credit check.” If you provide your personal information, it will be used to get credit cards in your name or conduct identity theft.
In any Craigslist transaction, do not give out any personal or financial information. To avoid giving the merchant your credit card information, meet in person, bring a friend, and pay with cash or a secured or proxied means of payment, such as PayPal.
- Purchases should always be accompanied by a personal inspection:
To begin, don’t put your faith in a picture you find on Craigslist while looking to buy anything. A picture taken from the internet may be used by sellers to misrepresent the goods they’re offering for sale.
If you’re serious about making a purchase, make sure you see the item in person and follow the safety precautions listed above before meeting with the seller.
- Remove the geotags from your photos before you post them online:
When uploading images of products for sale on Craigslist, use caution. If you used a GPS-enabled smartphone, the EXIF information, which is a component of the picture’s file header, may disclose the actual location of where you took the shot.
Even though the GPS geotag information is not apparent in the shot, thieves using an EXIF metadata reader tool may be able to retrieve the position information to help discover the item.
How to Find Stuff on Craigslist
Glad you asked. It is actually pretty easy! Searching on Craigslist is as simple as using the homepage search or the category search.
- Using the Search Bar on the Home Page
Start typing in the search field “search craigslist” if you want to search from the homepage. Make sure the region at the top of the page is the one you wish to search for.
If the location is incorrect, you can look through their list of potential locations to find the best fit.
As you type, search results will show in a variety of categories. Choose the one that best reflects your search criteria.
- Search by Category
By clicking on the name, you may search for a certain category or subcategory. To search for Istanbul Craigslist vehicles by owner, choose “all,” “by owner,” or “by dealer” postings when searching in a subcategory (e.g. “cars”).
Click the magnifying glass at the top of the page and type in your search terms.
- The Display Options
You may customize the way search results are shown by selecting an option from the dropdown menu to the left of the search box.
There are four methods to see search results on craigslist:
List: only the names of the posts are included.
Thumbnail: a thumbnail image to the left of the post title
Gallery: a big main image picture above the post title
Map: More information is available by clicking on any of the pins located on the map.
How to buy from Istanbul Craigslist
1) On the Craigslist home page, choose the city where you want to locate a Craigslist ad.
2) Select a sales category from the drop-down menu in the For Sale area. To restrict the scope of things you’re interested in, select a category from the drop-down menu.
3) Enter the name of the product you’re searching for in the search bar or click on the link or picture of the item you’re interested in.
4) In the search results list, click on the title of an item you wish to learn more about. You may also use the “Reply” button to send an email expressing your interest in the specifics of this item. You may react to the seller by sending an email using Craigslist’s anonymous secure response link, and Craigslist will relay your message to the seller.
5) When you contact the vendor, let him know you’re interested in the item and want to see it in person. It is the seller’s obligation to offer a time and place at which the item may be seen and perhaps bought.
How to put an ad on Istanbul Craigslist
1) Can you guess what the first step is Yes, to use your web browser to access Craigslist. You’ll be sent to the most appropriate local Craigslist ad as decided by the website. If the city mentioned at the top of the page is inaccurate, you may go to the correct city using the column on the right side of the page. Popular cities and states are provided as location column sorting choices.
2) Search for and pick the city in which you live.
3) In the page’s top-left corner, click the “Post to Classifieds” button. To choose a category for your post, you will be taken to a page where you may do so.
4) You may sign in from this page if you already have an account. To log in, go to the top right corner of your screen and click the login button. However, in order to continue posting, you do not need to make an account. By registering for a free account, you will have access to a management section where you may make adjustments to your current adverts.
5) Once you’ve chosen your category, click the “Continue” button. Depending on the first category you selected for your post, you will now be able to pick subcategories.
6) It is time to narrow your focus. You will be brought to a screen where you can make your post after selecting the relevant categories for your ad.
7) In this part, provide a post title, body, postal code (your location), and any other relevant information. The important information is underlined in green. You may delete the black text that isn’t necessary.
8) Hit the continue button once you’ve finished filling out your information. You’ll see a map on the next page.
9) You may share your location with anybody who is interested in knowing more about where you are by using the textboxes or the location marker.
10) To proceed, click on the Continue button to be sent to the Add Images page.
11) Your device’s photos will be shown when you click on the Add Image button on this page.
12) Choose the images you wish to use and then click the Done with Images option. Finally, on the last page, you may see how your ad will seem to other Craigslist users.
13) If you are happy with the final outcome, click the “Publish” button. If you need to make changes to your post, location, or picture, choose Edit Post, Edit Location, or Edit Images. When you click the Publish button, a message will be sent to the email address you specified in the post details.
14) Open the email and click the “Post Link” button. FINISHED! You’re ready!
Second hand buying websites in Turkey
Sahibinden is the most important and famous Turkey online marketplace for buying and selling used goods, real estate, apartments and cars.
Sahabenden provides millions of products offered directly from the owner, as the site is the largest and most popular online marketplace for displaying apartments and real estate in all of Turkey.
Letgo is an online second hand website in Turkey to buy and sell used products, it has an app that gives you the ability to chat directly with locals and buy from them.
Besides Istanbul Cragislist, there are many famous Turkish sites that you can buy products from, most notably the Trendyol site.
Turkey is one of the largest markets for producing clothes around the world, as it is characterized by the production of high quality clothes.