Table of Contents
The Turkish Ministry of Defense is a government agency responsible for the defense of the Republic of Turkey. It is responsible for the management and oversight of the Turkish Armed Forces, which consists of the Turkish Army, Navy, and Air Force. The ministry is headquartered in Ankara, the capital city of Turkey, and is led by the Minister of Defense, who is appointed by the President of Turkey.
The Ministry of Defense plays a crucial role in the security and defense of Turkey, a country located at the crossroads of Europe and Asia.
About the Turkish Ministry of Defence
The Turkish Ministry of Defence works to ensure the security and defence of Turkey and the Turkish nation with the inspiration from our history and the strength from the national and spiritual values, in line with the goal of a strong Turkey that is a leader in its region and has global influence.
The main goal of the ministry is to establish a deterrent Armed Forces equipped with national and Turkish made weapon systems, with global reach, capable of conducting operations in land, sea, air, cyber and space fields, and to provide and train qualified personnel to use this power with modern techniques and strategies, To contribute to the formulation of defence and security policies, to protect Turkey’s survival, rights, interests and interests in the homeland, blue homeland and beyond our skies, to make the Turkish Armed Forces effective, deterrent and respected against all existing and potential threats and dangers, and to use them when necessary.
The logo of the Ministry of National Defence features 16 stars representing the Turkic states established in history, which are included in the Presidential logo.
In order to emphasise Turkey’s importance in the world, the crescent was positioned in the centre of the logo. The oak leaf was used to symbolise the continuity and determination of the ministry, and the oldest known Turkish sword “Kilij” was used to symbolise the deep-rooted history and power of the institution.
Duties of the Turkish Ministry of Trade
The duties and powers of the Ministry of National Defence are as follows:
- To carry out the political, legal, social, educational, financial and budgetary services of the National Defence missions in military schools (war schools and non-commissioned officer vocational schools).
- Within the framework of the defence policy of the Armed Forces to be decided by the President of the Republic, according to the principles, priorities and main programmes to be determined by the General Staff:
- To carry out personnel supply and recruitment services in peace and war.
- To carry out the services of procurement of weapons, vehicles, equipment and all kinds of logistic requirements.
- To carry out war industry services including military factories and shipyards.
- To carry out health and veterinary services.
- To carry out activities for the clearance of mines and/or unexploded ordnance for humanitarian purposes within the borders of the Republic of Turkey.
- To carry out its activities within the scope of the Law No. 4536 dated 24/2/2000 on the Principles to be Applied to Explosive Substances and Suspicious Objects Seen at Sea and on the Surface of the Country.
- To carry out construction, real estate, housing and infrastructure services.
- To carry out inspection, examination and investigation services.
- To carry out the security investigation and archive research services of the personnel to be employed in the central and provincial organisations of the Ministry and its affiliated, related and associated institutions through the National Intelligence Organisation and the General Directorate of Security.
Bodies of the Turkish Ministry of Defence
- Inspection Board Presidency
- General Directorate of Personnel
- General Directorate of Defence and Security
- General Directorate of Logistics
- General Directorate of Management Services
- National Mine Action Centre
- General Directorate of Legal Services
- Internal Audit Department
- General Directorate of Military Service
- General Directorate of Military Health Services
- General Directorate of Budget and Financial Services
- General Directorate of Military Factories
- General Directorate of Shipyards
- General Directorate of Supply Services
- Communication and Information System Department
- General Directorate of Technical Services
Contact the Turkish Ministry of Defence
You can easily contact the Ministry of Defence in Turkey at the following address:
Millî Savunma Bakanlığı Devlet Mahallesi, Yahya Galip Caddesi, Bakanlıklar / ANKARA 06100
Or by visiting the official website of the Turkish Ministry of Defence.
You can also call the following phone number: