Table of Contents
The hijab, a symbol of modesty and religious commitment, has become an integral part of Muslim women’s wardrobe across the globe. Turkey, known for its unique blend of tradition and modernity, has its distinctive hijab style that sets it apart from other countries.
Discovering the Turkish Hijab Style
The Turkish Twist: How It Differs from Other Styles
Turkish hijab has gained popularity among Muslim women worldwide, thanks to its blend of modesty, elegance, and fashion. Here are some key differences between Turkish hijab and other styles:
- Design: Turkish hijab often features intricate patterns and rich colors, making it a perfect choice for women who appreciate fashion and creativity.
- Material: Silk, chiffon, and viscose are some popular materials used in Turkish hijab, offering both comfort and style.
- Colors and patterns: From vibrant floral designs to subtle geometric patterns, Turkish hijab boasts an array of styles suitable for various occasions.
Types of Turkish Hijab
As you explore the world of Turkish hijab, you’ll come across different types that cater to various preferences and occasions:
- Square scarf: A classic choice, the square scarf is versatile and can be styled in multiple ways.
- Shawl-style: A long rectangular scarf that offers ample coverage and can be draped or wrapped around the head and neck.
- Bonnet-style: A pre-stitched hijab cap that fits securely around the head and offers a convenient, ready-to-wear option.
- Instant Hijab: A pre-stitched hijab that is easy to slip on, perfect for busy women on the go.
To choose the right Turkish hijab for different occasions, consider factors such as the level of coverage, formality, and personal style preferences.
Shopping for Turkish Hijab: From Local Bazaars to Online Retailers
Best Local Markets and Bazaars for Hijab Shopping
Nothing beats the experience of shopping for a Turkish hijab in the bustling local markets and bazaars of Turkey. Some popular destinations include:
- Grand Bazaar, Istanbul: One of the world’s largest and oldest covered markets, the Grand Bazaar offers a wide selection of hijabs at competitive prices.
- Kemeralti Bazaar, Izmir: This historical bazaar is a treasure trove of traditional and modern hijabs, catering to diverse tastes and budgets.
- Ulus Market, Ankara: For an authentic shopping experience, Ulus Market offers a variety of hijabs and accessories at affordable prices.
Top Turkish Hijab Brands
If you’re looking for high-quality hijabs from reputable brands, consider these popular options:
- Armine: Known for its elegant designs and premium fabrics, Armine offers a wide selection of hijabs suitable for both casual and formal occasions.
- Aker: A pioneer in the Turkish hijab industry, Aker is renowned for its luxurious silk hijabs and unique patterns.
- Modanisa: A popular choice among conservative Muslim women, Modanisa offers stylish and modest hijabs that adhere to Islamic dress codes.
- Setrms: Combining tradition and modernity, Setrms offers a variety of hijabs that cater to women who appreciate both fashion and modesty.
Online Shopping for Turkish Hijab
With the advent of e-commerce, shopping for Turkish hijab has never been more convenient. Online retailers offer a vast selection, competitive prices, and worldwide shipping options. To ensure a secure shopping experience , consider the following tips:
- Advantages of online shopping: Access to a wider variety of styles, easy price comparison, and the convenience of shopping from home.
- Trusted websites for purchasing Turkish Hijab: Stick to reputable websites such as Modanisa, Sefamerve, and HijabPlanet, which are known for their quality products and reliable customer service.
- Tips for a secure online shopping experience: Verify the website’s security measures, read customer reviews, and familiarize yourself with the return and exchange policies.
How to Tie Turkish Hijab: A Step-by-Step Tutorial
A Turkish hijab is a stylish and elegant way to cover one’s head while maintaining modesty. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to tie a Turkish hijab:
- A rectangular hijab or scarf (preferably lightweight and long enough to provide good coverage)
- An under-cap or bonnet (optional, but recommended to help keep the hijab in place)
- Straight pins or safety pins
Step 1: Prepare your hair and under-cap
- Make sure your hair is neatly tied back, either in a bun or a low ponytail. This will make it easier to manage the hijab and create a smooth appearance.
- If using an under-cap, put it on now, making sure it covers your hairline and keeps your hair secure.
Step 2: Position the scarf
- Place the rectangular hijab or scarf on your head, ensuring that one side is longer than the other. The longer side should be about twice the length of the shorter side.
- Make sure the hijab is centered on your head, with equal coverage on both sides of your face.
Step 3: Pin the hijab under your chin
- Hold the two ends of the scarf together under your chin. Adjust the fabric so that it frames your face comfortably, covering your hairline and ears.
- Use a straight pin or safety pin to secure the hijab under your chin, being careful not to prick yourself.
Step 4: Wrap the longer side
- Take the longer side of the scarf and wrap it around your head, bringing it up and over the crown of your head.
- Ensure the fabric remains smooth and covers any exposed parts of your hair or under-cap.
Step 5: Tuck or pin the longer side
- As you bring the longer side of the scarf around your head, tuck or pin it securely behind your ear or on the side of your head. This will keep the hijab in place and create a neat, clean look.
Step 6: Adjust and style
- Adjust the fabric as needed to ensure full coverage and comfort. You can also create additional folds or pleats for a more stylish look.
- If desired, use additional pins to secure the hijab and maintain the style.
Step 7: Final touches
- Make any final adjustments to ensure the hijab is comfortable and secure.
- You’re now ready to wear your Turkish hijab with confidence and style!
How to Make Turkish Hijab: A Step-by-Step Tutorial
For those who prefer a DIY approach or wish to personalize their hijab, making a Turkish hijab at home can be a rewarding experience. Follow this step-by-step guide to create your own masterpiece:
Materials and Tools Required
- Fabric: Choose a material that is comfortable, breathable, and drapes well, such as silk, chiffon, or viscose.
- Pins: Opt for straight pins or safety pins to hold the fabric in place while sewing.
- Scissors: A sharp pair of fabric scissors will ensure precise cuts.
- Sewing machine or needle and thread: Use a sewing machine for faster results, or a needle and thread for a more hands-on approach.
Choosing the Right Fabric
Selecting the right fabric is crucial for a comfortable and stylish hijab. Consider these factors when making your choice:
- Types of fabric: Silk, chiffon, and viscose are popular choices for Turkish hijab due to their softness, breathability, and elegant drape.
- Factors to consider: Keep in mind the desired level of coverage, climate, and personal style preferences when selecting fabric.
Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Turkish Hijab
- Taking measurements: Measure the desired length and width of your hijab, ensuring adequate coverage and enough fabric to style as desired.
- Cutting the fabric: Cut the fabric according to your measurements, adding a small allowance for hemming.
- Sewing the Hijab: Fold and pin the edges of the fabric, then sew a neat hem using a sewing machine or needle and thread.
- Finishing touches: Press the hijab with a warm iron to remove any wrinkles and ensure a polished finish.
Tips for Maintaining and Caring for Your Handmade Turkish Hijab
Proper care and maintenance can prolong the life of your handmade hijab:
- Hand wash or use a gentle machine wash cycle to avoid damaging delicate fabrics.
- Use a mild detergent and avoid bleach or harsh chemicals.
- Air dry your hijab, and avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading.
- Store your hijab in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
Styling and Wearing a Turkish Hijab: Tips and Tricks
Basic Steps to Wearing a Turkish Hijab
- Wearing an undercap: An undercap can help keep your hair in place and provide additional coverage.
- Placing the Hijab: Position the hijab evenly over your head, ensuring that it covers the desired areas.
- Pinning the Hijab: Secure the hijab with pins to prevent slipping and maintain your chosen style.
- Adjusting the style: Adjust the fabric and folds to create your desired look and ensure a comfortable fit.
Different Ways to Style a Turkish Hijab
- Elegant updo: Pin the hijab at the nape of your neck, allowing the fabric to cascade down your back for a sophisticated appearance.
- Side-swept style: Drape the hijab over one shoulder, creating a chic, asymmetrical look that frames the face.
3. Turban style: Wrap the hijab around your head, crossing it at the forehead, and tucking the ends in at the back for a modern, stylish twist.
- Draped and layered style: Create soft folds and layers around your face, allowing the fabric to flow gracefully around your shoulders and back for a romantic, feminine touch.
Accessories to Enhance the Turkish Hijab Look
Elevate your Turkish hijab style with these beautiful accessories:
- Decorative pins: Adorn your hijab with ornate pins that not only secure the fabric but also add a touch of sparkle.
- Brooches: Place a statement brooch near the neckline or shoulder to draw attention to your hijab and add a touch of elegance.
- Headbands and headpieces: Wear a bejeweled headband or headpiece over your hijab to create a stunning, eye-catching look.
- Necklaces and chokers: Pair your hijab with a stylish necklace or choker to complete your ensemble and accentuate your neckline.
Conclusion: Embrace the Beauty of Turkish Hijab
Now that you have a comprehensive understanding of Turkish hijab, its cultural significance, shopping tips, and styling options, you’re well-equipped to embrace and explore this unique and fashionable aspect of Turkish culture. Remember, the key to rocking the perfect Turkish hijab look is to combine modesty with your personal sense of style. So go ahead, step out in confidence, and make a bold fashion statement with your Turkish hijab.
Turkey contains many famous and reliable clothing brands, the most important of which are LC Waikiki and Defacto Store.
In addition, you can buy directly from online shopping sites in Turkey, which are characterized by containing many different brands of Turkish clothing.
If you’re interested in purchasing Turkish hijab clothes online, be sure to check out our comprehensive guide. “The Ultimate Guide to Buying Turkish Hijab Clothes Online” offers a wealth of information on everything from choosing a reputable online store to checking sizing charts and avoiding scams.
With its valuable insights and helpful tips, this guide is a must-read for anyone looking to buy high-quality hijab clothing from Turkey. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to make a smart and informed purchase – check out our guide today!