Table of Contents
In this article, I will share my insights on shipping a 20 and 40-foot container from Turkey and guide you through the process of reserving one. Let’s dive right in!
Factors Affecting the Price of Shipping a Container from Turkey
Before we discuss the average price range, let’s look at the factors that influence the cost of shipping a container from Turkey:
- Distance to the destination country: The farther the destination, the higher the shipping cost.
- Shipping company: Prices may vary depending on the company’s pricing policies and service quality.
- Transit time: Faster shipping services usually come with a premium price.
- Seasonal demand: High demand during peak seasons can cause prices to surge.
- Customs, taxes, and other fees: These additional charges vary by destination and can significantly impact the total cost.
- Type of cargo and special requirements: Shipping hazardous materials, temperature-sensitive goods, or items with unique dimensions may entail extra fees.
The Average Price Range for Shipping a 20-Foot Container from Turkey
Now that we understand the factors affecting the cost, let’s explore the average price range for shipping a 20-foot container from Turkey. Keep in mind that these prices are subject to change and may vary depending on the factors mentioned above.
|Container Size||Average Shipping Price Range|
|20-foot||$900 to $1,600|
|40-foot||$1,500 to $2,400|
Prices to Ship from Turkey to Popular Destinations
To give you an idea of the prices for some popular destinations, I’ve compiled a table with estimated shipping costs for 20-foot containers.
|Destination Country||Estimated Shipping Price (20-foot Container)|
|USA||$2,500 to $4,000|
|Germany||$1,200 to $1,800|
|UK||$1,100 to $1,700|
|China||$1,900 to $3,000|
How to Reserve a Container
Choosing the Right Shipping Company
When reserving a container, it’s essential to choose a reliable shipping company. Consider the following factors:
- Reputation: Check customer reviews and industry ratings to gauge the company’s reliability.
- Pricing: Compare prices from different companies to ensure you’re getting a fair deal.
- Services offered: Ensure the company provides the necessary services for your specific shipping needs.
Famous Cargo Ports in Turkey
Turkey, strategically located between Europe and Asia, boasts numerous prominent cargo ports that play a significant role in global trade. Here’s an overview of some of the most famous ports in the country:
- Mersin International Port (MIP):
- Located in Mersin, Southern Turkey
- One of the largest ports in the Mediterranean region
- Handles a wide variety of cargo, including containers, bulk cargo, and project cargo
- The Price of Shipping a 20-Foot Container from Turkey and How to Reserve It:
- Situated in Istanbul, Northwestern Turkey
- A major hub for container traffic
- Comprises three main terminals: Marport, Kumport, and Mardas
- Port of Izmir (Alsancak):
- Found in Izmir, Western Turkey
- Known for container and general cargo handling
- Offers excellent connections to the Aegean and Mediterranean regions
Here’s a summary table of these famous cargo ports:
|Mersin International Port (MIP)||Mersin, Southern Turkey||Large port, handles various cargo types|
|Port of Ambarli||Istanbul, Northwestern Turkey||Major container hub, three main terminals|
|Port of Izmir (Alsancak)||Izmir, Western Turkey||Container and general cargo handling, excellent regional connections|
These ports, among others, continue to contribute to Turkey’s growing economy and facilitate trade between countries around the world.
Famous Turkish Cargo and Container Shipping Companies
Turkey’s strategic location has led to the growth of numerous renowned cargo and container shipping companies. These companies play an essential role in facilitating trade both within the country and internationally. Here’s a list of some of the most famous Turkish cargo and container shipping companies:
- Arkass Line:
- One of Turkey’s largest container shipping companies
- Offers services connecting Turkey to Europe, the Mediterranean, the Black Sea, and the Middle East
- Known for its extensive network and reliable services
- UN Ro-Ro:
- A leading Turkish Ro-Ro shipping company specializing in transporting trucks and trailers
- Provides services to several European and Mediterranean countries
- Acquired by the Danish shipping giant DFDS in 2018, further expanding its reach
- Turkon Line:
- A Turkish container shipping company with an international presence
- Offers services connecting Turkey to North America, Europe, and the Mediterranean region
- Known for its customer-centric approach and flexible services
- Yilport Holding:
- A leading Turkish port operator and logistics company
- Manages several container and cargo terminals in Turkey and internationally
- Part of the Yildirim Group, a prominent Turkish conglomerate
These companies have built a reputation for providing reliable and efficient cargo and container shipping services. They play a vital role in supporting Turkey’s thriving economy and strengthening its connections with global markets.
Steps to Reserve a Container
Once you’ve chosen a shipping company, follow these steps to reserve a container:
- Contact the shipping company: Reach out to their customer service or sales department to discuss your shipping requirements.
- Provide necessary documentation: Submit essential documents, such as a packing list, commercial invoice, and any required permits.
- Select the type of container: Choose a 20-foot or 40-foot container based on your cargo size and weight.
- Agree on shipping terms and conditions: Understand and accept the shipping company’s terms and conditions, including liability clauses and dispute resolution procedures.
- Pay the deposit: Most companies require a deposit to secure your reservation.
Preparing the Cargo
Properly preparing your cargo will help ensure a smooth shipping experience:
- Proper packaging: Use appropriate packing materials and techniques to protect your cargo during transit.
- Labelling: Clearly label your cargo with relevant information, such as the consignee’s name and address, and any special handling instructions. 3. Documentation: Prepare all necessary documents, including the packing list, commercial invoice, and any destination-specific paperwork.
Tips for a Smooth Shipping Experience
To make your shipping experience as seamless as possible, keep these tips in mind:
- Plan ahead: Schedule your shipment well in advance to avoid last-minute surprises and to secure better rates.
- Understand customs requirements: Research the destination country’s customs regulations to ensure your cargo complies with all requirements and avoid delays.
- Insure your cargo: Purchase cargo insurance to protect your goods from potential loss or damage during transit.
- Track your shipment: Use the shipping company’s tracking system to monitor your cargo’s progress and stay informed about its status.
- Communicate with the shipping company: Maintain open communication with the company to address any concerns or issues that may arise during the shipping process.
Shipping a 20-foot container from Turkey doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By understanding the factors that affect the price, researching shipping companies, and properly preparing your cargo, you can enjoy a hassle-free shipping experience. Remember to plan ahead, insure your cargo, and communicate with your chosen shipping company to ensure a smooth process from start to finish. Happy shipping!